Amid news of the Nobel Peace Prize being awarded to the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, we turn now to look at whether President Donald Trump is trying to sabotage the Obama-brokered nuclear agreement with Iran and seek a war with Iran. According to The Washington Post, Trump is expected to announce next week the deal is not in the United States’ national interest, and will move to “decertify” the deal. If this happens, Congress will decide whether or not to reinstate harsh economic sanctions against Iran, potentially tanking the landmark deal. The move comes despite the fact the Trump administration begrudgingly certified that Iran has complied with its obligations under the agreement earlier this year, as has the International Atomic Energy Agency, which closely monitors Iran’s activities.
Last modified on Tuesday, 10 October 2017 16:39
- Vox’s US Government-Linked Experts Present Options for Korea: Sanctions or War
- Max Blumenthal: US is Arming Neo-Nazis in Ukraine
- Worldwide Warfare Will End When We Divest From the Arms Industry
- NYT Laments ‘Forever Wars’ Its Editorials Helped Create
- Congressional Report: A North Korean EMP Attack Would Kill “90% of all Americans”