This September, cities, states, businesses and civil society from around the world will be gathering in California for the Global Climate Action Summit.
The Summit has invited every mayor, governor and leader in the world to make a bold climate commitment to help the world reach the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement.
We know what those commitments need to achieve: a fast and fair transition to 100% renewable energy and an immediate end to new fossil fuel projects.
But will they?
On September 8, just before the summit, we’re planning a massive day of action in cities and neighbourhoods around the world to demand our local leaders commit to building a fossil free world that works for all of us.
Rise For Climate Action will be the climate movement’s big moment in 2018. Together we will raise the bar for climate leadership for all our leaders.
What: Rise For Climate Action Web Workshop
When: May 15 — 9am GMT, or 8pm GMT
RSVP: At the riseforclimateaction.org website
During the workshop you’ll hear about the inspiring plans for thousands of local events in cities and neighbourhoods worldwide that are already in motion. You’ll learn more about the opportunities this moment presents for our movement and your group’s local campaigning efforts.
By acting together, we can end the era of fossil fuels and save the climate we all depend on.
P.S. You don’t need to wait for the web workshop to register your events. You can find out more about this moment and register your action at 350.org/rise.
- The New COINTELPRO? Meet the Activist the FBI Labeled a “Black Identity Extremist” & Jailed 5 Months
- 43 million Live in Poverty: Poor People’s Campaign Headed to Washington
- Medea Benjamin: The Peace Movement Must Mobilize to Support Diplomacy in Iran & North Korea
- On Sweltering Planet, Hottest April Temperature Ever Recorded on Earth Hits Pakistan
- Voices from the Mass Shooting Generation: Youth from Around Country Descend on D.C. to Demand Change