A stunning new exposé published today in The Intercept about the elite military unit SEAL Team 6 reveals a darker side of the group best known for killing Osama bin Laden. National security reporter Matthew Cole spent two years investigating accounts of ghastly atrocities committed by members of the unit, including mutilating corpses, skinnings and attempted beheadings. According to sources, senior command staff were aware of the misconduct but did little to stop it—and often helped to cover it up.
- Amid Spike in Civilian Deaths from U.S. Strikes, Trump Requests Lifting Policy Limiting Casualties
- Ralph Nader Denounces Trump Budget as Corporatist, Militarist & Racist: "The Mask is Off"
- Russia Insider Issues Dire Warning on Putin
- Aid Worker Decries U.S.-Backed "Relentless War" in Yemen Causing Widespread Threat of Starvation
- How to Remove a President: Mass Protests Force Out South Korean Leader Amid Corruption Scandal