A stunning new exposé published today in The Intercept about the elite military unit SEAL Team 6 reveals a darker side of the group best known for killing Osama bin Laden. National security reporter Matthew Cole spent two years investigating accounts of ghastly atrocities committed by members of the unit, including mutilating corpses, skinnings and attempted beheadings. According to sources, senior command staff were aware of the misconduct but did little to stop it—and often helped to cover it up.
- "Biggest Humanitarian Catastrophe Since 2003 Invasion": Journalist Anand Gopal on Battle for Mosul
- Advocates Urge Trump to De-escalate with North Korea, Not Ratchet Up Threats & Military Aggression
- U.S. Drops Its Biggest Non-Nuclear Bomb on Afghans, Already Traumatized by Decades of War
- Russia Vetoes U.N. Resolution on Syria as Questions Linger over Deadly Chemical Attack
- After U.S. Bombing, What's Next for Syria?