A stunning new exposé published today in The Intercept about the elite military unit SEAL Team 6 reveals a darker side of the group best known for killing Osama bin Laden. National security reporter Matthew Cole spent two years investigating accounts of ghastly atrocities committed by members of the unit, including mutilating corpses, skinnings and attempted beheadings. According to sources, senior command staff were aware of the misconduct but did little to stop it—and often helped to cover it up.
- James Mattis Calls for U.S. Military to Be More Lethal at Defense Secretary Confirmation Hearing
- Investigation: Did Trump's Defense Secretary Nominee James Mattis Commit War Crimes in Iraq?
- Will Trump Cave to Republican Pressure to be More Aggressive on Russia?
- Part 2: Intercept Exposé on How SEAL Team 6 Killed Osama bin Laden, "Canoeing" & Other Atrocities
- Dark Shadows: Iran-Contra, Secret Wars & Covert Operations, Part 1