Tensions are again rising in the Korean Peninsula between the U.S. and North Korea. On Friday, North Korea tested an intercontinental ballistic missile that experts say is capable of reaching the West Coast of the United States. North Korea says the test was a warning to the U.S. to stop imposing sanctions against North Korea. In response to the test, the U.S. flew two B-1 bombers over the Korean Peninsula and tested its Alaska-based THAAD missile defense system. The U.S. has deployed a similar THAAD missile defense system to South Korea, despite objections from local residents. We speak with former Green Party presidential candidate Dr. Jill Stein, who just returned from a peace delegation to South Korea. Dr. Jill Stein was the Green Party’s presidential nominee in 2016 and 2012.
Last modified on Wednesday, 02 August 2017 11:10
- Worldwide Warfare Will End When We Divest From the Arms Industry
- NYT Laments ‘Forever Wars’ Its Editorials Helped Create
- Congressional Report: A North Korean EMP Attack Would Kill “90% of all Americans”
- Profiting from America’s Longest War: Trump Seeks to Exploit Mineral Wealth of Afghanistan
- Robert Jay Lifton on the Apocalyptic Twins of Nuclear and Climate Threats & Reflections on Survival