Tensions are again rising in the Korean Peninsula between the U.S. and North Korea. On Friday, North Korea tested an intercontinental ballistic missile that experts say is capable of reaching the West Coast of the United States. North Korea says the test was a warning to the U.S. to stop imposing sanctions against North Korea. In response to the test, the U.S. flew two B-1 bombers over the Korean Peninsula and tested its Alaska-based THAAD missile defense system. The U.S. has deployed a similar THAAD missile defense system to South Korea, despite objections from local residents. We speak with former Green Party presidential candidate Dr. Jill Stein, who just returned from a peace delegation to South Korea. Dr. Jill Stein was the Green Party’s presidential nominee in 2016 and 2012.
Last modified on Wednesday, 02 August 2017 11:10
- How ‘American Exceptionalism’ Is Exploited to Justify War and Exploitation
- Brazil's Former President Lula on U.S. Intervention in Latin America & 15th Anniv. of Iraq Invasion
- Vox’s US Government-Linked Experts Present Options for Korea: Sanctions or War
- Max Blumenthal: US is Arming Neo-Nazis in Ukraine
- Worldwide Warfare Will End When We Divest From the Arms Industry