The parent company of The Intercept—First Look Media—has announced that it will provide support for the legal defense of Reality Leigh Winner, the NSA contractor who stands accused of leaking a top-secret document to The Intercept. She faces up to 10 years in prison, if convicted. Winner, who remains in jail, was charged for allegedly leaking a top-secret document showing how Russian military intelligence attempted to hack into several states’ voting infrastructure. The Intercept’s handling of the story faced widespread scrutiny. The Department of Justice claimed in an affidavit and search warrant that it caught the leaker in part by actions taken by The Intercept. We speak with Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Glenn Greenwald, co-founder of The Intercept.
- "War, Journalism and Whistleblowers": Thomas Drake, Katharine Gun, Matthew Hoh, Jesselyn Radack
- The Whistleblower Who Could Have Prevented 9/11
- A Good American - The Story of William Binney
- CIA Whistleblower: Harvard Picks Torture Apologists Over Chelsea Manning
- Misused Espionage Act Targets Government Whistleblowers