In Chicago, federal police handcuffed Democratic Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez along with activists and lawyers Monday, after they held a sit-in protest at a federal immigration office. Gutiérrez says the group refused to leave the Chicago office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, after the agency’s regional director refused to answer his questions about the Trump administration’s plans for immigration sweeps and mass deportation. For more, we speak with Democratic Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez of Illinois, co-chair of the Immigration Task Force of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.
- Police Shootings of Native Americans are Underreported and Rising
- Burn Pits and Betrayal: How the U.S. Poisoned its Veterans
- A Good American - The Story of William Binney
- Puerto Rico: As Whitefish Contract Faces Scrutiny, Fluor and Other Companies Move to Privatize Water
- ‘The Bureau Is Once Again Profiling Black Activists Because of Their Beliefs and Their Race’