In Chicago, federal police handcuffed Democratic Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez along with activists and lawyers Monday, after they held a sit-in protest at a federal immigration office. Gutiérrez says the group refused to leave the Chicago office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, after the agency’s regional director refused to answer his questions about the Trump administration’s plans for immigration sweeps and mass deportation. For more, we speak with Democratic Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez of Illinois, co-chair of the Immigration Task Force of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.
- 6 Elements of Police Spin: An Object Lesson in Copspeak
- Is the U.S. Exporting Its Travel Ban with Thousands of TSA & DHS Agents in 70 Countries?
- ACLU Vows to Keep Fighting as Supreme Court Allows Trump's Mostly Muslim Travel Ban to Take Effect
- House Intelligence Committee’s NSA Surveillance Bill Includes New Threats and Old
- Cherokee Writer: Trump Pocahontas Slur Reflects Centuries of Colonial Violence Against Native Women