In Chicago, federal police handcuffed Democratic Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez along with activists and lawyers Monday, after they held a sit-in protest at a federal immigration office. Gutiérrez says the group refused to leave the Chicago office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, after the agency’s regional director refused to answer his questions about the Trump administration’s plans for immigration sweeps and mass deportation. For more, we speak with Democratic Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez of Illinois, co-chair of the Immigration Task Force of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.
- How Education Secretary Betsy DeVos Undermines Civil Rights & Favors Predatory Lenders Over Students
- Mexico Spied on Human Rights Investigators & Families of Missing Students Instead of the Kidnappers
- Former FCC Commissioner on How Greater Media Consolidation is a Threat to Democracy and Free Speech
- Battle For the Net: Mass Day of Action Aims to Stop Trump's FCC from Destroying Free & Open Internet
- Thanksgiving to 'Redskins' - Dispelling American Myths That Hide Native Genocide