In Chicago, federal police handcuffed Democratic Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez along with activists and lawyers Monday, after they held a sit-in protest at a federal immigration office. Gutiérrez says the group refused to leave the Chicago office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, after the agency’s regional director refused to answer his questions about the Trump administration’s plans for immigration sweeps and mass deportation. For more, we speak with Democratic Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez of Illinois, co-chair of the Immigration Task Force of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.
- Media ‘Extremes’ on Healthcare: Universal Coverage or Taking Healthcare From Millions
- Yet Another Black Man Serves Time for a Crime He Didn't Commit
- The Cybercrime Convention's New Protocol Needs to Uphold Human Rights
- In Month After Charlottesville, Papers Spent as Much Time Condemning Anti-Nazis as Nazis
- This Labor Day, Remember That Martin Luther King’s Last Campaign Was for Workers’ Rights