The Mexican government reportedly used an Israeli-made spy software called Pegasus to surveil a team of international investigators dispatched to Mexico to investigate the high-profile disappearance of 43 students in 2014. For more, we speak with Ronald Deibert, director of the Citizen Lab, and Stephanie Erin Brewer, a human rights attorney who was among those targeted by the NSO Group’s Pegasus spyware attack.
- The New COINTELPRO? Meet the Activist the FBI Labeled a “Black Identity Extremist” & Jailed 5 Months
- Poor People’s Movement Continues Wave of Nonviolent Civil Disobedience
- Stop Using Discriminatory AI, Human Rights Groups Say
- How to Wrestle Your Data From Data Brokers, Silicon Valley — and Cambridge Analytica
- Voices from the Mass Shooting Generation: Youth from Around Country Descend on D.C. to Demand Change