The Mexican government reportedly used an Israeli-made spy software called Pegasus to surveil a team of international investigators dispatched to Mexico to investigate the high-profile disappearance of 43 students in 2014. For more, we speak with Ronald Deibert, director of the Citizen Lab, and Stephanie Erin Brewer, a human rights attorney who was among those targeted by the NSO Group’s Pegasus spyware attack.
- 6 Elements of Police Spin: An Object Lesson in Copspeak
- ACLU Vows to Keep Fighting as Supreme Court Allows Trump's Mostly Muslim Travel Ban to Take Effect
- House Intelligence Committee’s NSA Surveillance Bill Includes New Threats and Old
- Cherokee Writer: Trump Pocahontas Slur Reflects Centuries of Colonial Violence Against Native Women
- When Communities Say No One Should Stay in Jail Just Because They’re Poor