Few journalists know the cruelty of government censorship as well as James Risen, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist at the New York Times, targeted for several major stories implicating criminality by the US war machine and its national security state. Having just ended a seven-year legal battle, where he bravely faced jail time to protect his inside sources, Risen joins Abby Martin on The Empire Files to talk about his case and the stories he wrote that were such a threat.
Read more http://theempirefiles.tv/
- Between Boycotts and Special Interest Campaigns: the Chilling of Speech on Israel and Palestine
- The Right is Waging War on Academic Freedom
- Internet Censorship Bills Wouldn’t Help Catch Sex Traffickers
- RT Crackdown Escalates New Cold War and Threatens Press Freedom
- Activists Are Documenting the Ethnic Cleansing in Myanmar — but FB Is Censoring Their Posts