With thousands of advertisements seen by Americans everyday, and a corporate media that reinforces the needs of Empire, propaganda in the U.S. is more pervasive and effective than ever before. The manipulation of public opinion through suggestion can be traced back to the father of modern propaganda, Edward Bernays, who discovered that preying on the subconscious mind was the best way to sell products people don't need, and wars people don't want. To get a deeper understanding of how propaganda functions in today's society, Abby Martin interviews Dr. Mark Crispin Miller, professor of Media Studies at New York University.
Read more http://theempirefiles.tv/
- Why Isn’t the Mainstream Media Honest about US Torture?
- Trump Press Conference, in Context
- In Truth and Reconciliation, First Thing’s First—The Truth
- How Media Spread CIA’s Sectarian, Anti-Iran ‘Mideast Cold War’ Narrative
- Thanksgiving to 'Redskins' - Dispelling American Myths That Hide Native Genocide