This article published by Hakai Magazine tells a tragic tale of the courageous work being done by fisheries observers around the world and how extreme the risk is as exemplified by the disappearance of an American Observer Keith Davis (the focus of this article), the murder of Simione Cagilaba, and a death threat leveled against Liz Mitchell (yes, there are brave women conservationists working in the male-dominated Wild West-like world of commercial fishing in international waters). I classify it as a must-read and consider it one of the best instances of journalism I've encountered recently... It's definitely the best I've seen in 2017 so far!
- Should Gene Editing Be a Human Right?
- The Venus Project Plans to Bring Humanity to the Next Stage of Social Evolution. Here’s How.
- We Have to Keep Fighting: Water Protectors Vow Continued Resistance to #DAPL as Main Camp Is Evicted
- 3 Lessons from Standing Rock and What’s Next
- We know who is responsible for climate chaos, and how to stop them