This article published by Hakai Magazine tells a tragic tale of the courageous work being done by fisheries observers around the world and how extreme the risk is as exemplified by the disappearance of an American Observer Keith Davis (the focus of this article), the murder of Simione Cagilaba, and a death threat leveled against Liz Mitchell (yes, there are brave women conservationists working in the male-dominated Wild West-like world of commercial fishing in international waters). I classify it as a must-read and consider it one of the best instances of journalism I've encountered recently... It's definitely the best I've seen in 2017 so far!
- Newly Discovered 1964 MLK Speech on Civil Rights, Segregation & Apartheid South Africa
- EPA Acknowledges Neonics' Harm to Bees, Then 'Bows to Pesticide Industry'
- Obama Expands Surveillance Powers on His Way Out
- Do Exxon's Climate Denial & "Trail of Carnage" on Human Rights Make Tillerson Unfit for State Dept?
- Trump Ignores Ethics Experts Urging Him to Divest from His Businesses & Puts Sons In Charge Instead